Wednesday, January 6, 2010

17 months on...

Wow....I was thinking perhaps Id pop in here and update.... I had no idea it was 17 months since my last chemo dose....and I can look back now and perhaps see how far Ive come.

(PS... I think everyone should have a photo with a bird cage protruding from their head and their daughter pulling a silly face....)

It was very interesting reading my final thoughts....and it makes me feel very grateful today for the difference 17 months can make...

I mean...I now have eyebrows and lashes....my hair has grown....Ive lost a little weight...got fitter...most of the time my brain functions now....I still don't drink instant coffee..but I dont miss it either...and I'm much happier with me....


I thought about making a list of all my Herceptin trips... to try and calculate the amount of kilometres I drove over that period....but I cant find my old diary's...and so I'm taking that as a sign to let go... and leave it in the past...

I can do the rough Maths,...based on 12 months of a three weekly treatments..... 7000 kms ....then add that on top of the 8000 kms for the chemotherapy part of my treatment and I travelled in excess of 15000 kms last year just for treatment.....not including other appointments and surgeries.... no wonder I was tired of the trip ...lol


So.... with all of the tough stuff over.... it was time to look toward the future and reconstruction.... which leads me to the next post....

No comments: