Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week five -

Sitting here tonight.... reflecting back on my week ....
I can finally say that I am beginning to feel the results of my diet overhaul.
Its been a tough 5 weeks at times... and although I have had occasional glimpses of 'wellness' 
I've also had days of feeling totally exhausted and aching like you couldn't imagine.
So its nice to finally feel that the good days are beginning to outweigh the bad.

I am still as committed as ever....
my thoughts are never on what I cant eat.... 
I only ever think about all the things I CAN eat.

I look forward to my weekly stock up at the Veg outlet....this is always the starting point for our meals throughout the week.

True to my word I have made myself a green juice or smoothie most days.... obviously the days I'm at work aren't as easy.....but I always make up for that by packing an enormous green salad.
I have enjoyed the combinations...
This one was Silverbeet...celery...pear...and avocado
and this breakfast smoothie was pear...celery....spinach..zucchini and chia seeds.
I have been snacking maybe a little too much....haha
 nuts are my usual...although this week I've enjoyed some homemade happy crackers and avocado..
I made a huge bowl of Quinoa tabbouleh which made such a nice change...
we had it alongside roast vegies and meat for dinner...
and I mixed it in with my green salad and chicken for a tasty lunch at work.


Another nice change this week was some 'zucchini spaghetti' and a mince/veg sauce...lots of onion..tomato....garlic....sweet potato and broccoli all cooked with some beef mince...it was so filling....and of course I stuffed myself and felt ill for hours..LOL

So meals were the easy the part of my week..... once the fridge is full there its easy to whip something together....even if its as simple as a salad....or wilting some spinach alongside some eggs.

Exercise....Mmmm....now that's been a little lacking.
I had huge intentions at the beginning of the week.....but other than a few walks I didn't achieve much....I do feel that now I'm feeling a little better I will have more motivation and I hope to get back to my normal gym sessions.

I rethought my Tamoxifen.....and recommenced it.... taking it at night....it seems to solve the problem of it 'gazumping' my energy....and if anything helps me to sleep.

So this week my goals are.....
To step up my exercise more....even if its just a daily walk.
To re-stock my home-made happy crackers and try out a new salad dressing recipe I found.
That's it....nice and simple... bring on week 6..
Halfway there.

4 comments:

Trudy said...

Good on you Mardi you are doing an amazing job. My 20 year old daughter and I are doing pretty much the same, no gluten, dairy, sugar (other than fruit and an occassional spoonful of honey in a cup of herbed tea). We cleaned out our pantry and it looks alot like yours! Keep up the good work.

Lea said...

Mardi the green smoothie looks delicious. What do you think has been the key to maintaining this thus far. You are doing so well. Leax

kim said...

Hi Mardi - I LOVE reading about your healthy journey. Yo are doing SO WELL and I was thrilled to read this post this morning and see you are starting to feel the benefits.It's taken a little while to rid your body of those nasty toxins but it sounds like you are finally on your way to feeling well and healthy and energised. Well done.

Thanks also for the link to the Happy Crackers - I am going to try that recipe for sure!

KIM

Jenny said...

Have loved catching up on your posts and journey Mardi... good on you.... inspiring me to pull out my juicer... I did use it all the time a long time ago... and awesome to think that the benefits are showing... the meals look delish....
keep it up...

Jenny ♥