Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week four....

This  week...
I hit the gym once....and ached so much it took me all week to recover...haha
(I plan on diving back in again this week.)

I've eaten clean....
Stacks of greens.... lots of lean meat.....eggs....eggs....fresh asparagus.....simple food.
I only tried a few recipes this week....
this mince and turnip casserole....that tasted a lot like pasty.....it was lovely with salad and made a change.
(Recipe is here....scroll down a bit)

...and these quinoa muffins....
I actually couldn't eat them as they contained some sweetener but I wanted to use up some bananas and try out my recently purchased quinoa flour..... I tasted a small potion and they were nice....
and they didn't last long....so I guess they weren't too bad.
I roped Briony into helping me clean out the pantry.....
We threw out a garbage bin full of packaged processed foods.... no more foods with a stack of ridiculous unhealthy additives.... just jars full of natural unprocessed basics....and the odd packet and can....but as time goes on I hope we can reduce these further.
The next step in the pantry is to get some nice new glass storage jars...but for now I am just happy to be able to find things more easily.

How have I felt?
I started the week feeling exhausted....aching.... and actually wondering if Id ever feel ok again...
and then I did two things...
I stopped my Tamoxifen after noticing it seemed to gazump my energy.....
and I started taking a Vitamin D / calcium supplement.
It was like a switch was flipped...
the aching vanished over night.....and my energy level soared...
I now have no idea which it is that caused the major improvement.....but I will give my Tamoxifen another shot this week....and see what results.
(I still have another 6 months left to complete my 5years on Tamoxifen....so I'm almost done)

I am actually feeling like my detox is working....
I have noticed some real improvements...
my stomach has lost its blahness....no more burning at night.. no more waking looking for rennies.
I'm sleeping better..... rarely waking in the night...
I'm eating lots....filling my plate with greens.... snacking on nuts....and never feeling deprived and I've lost 2.5kgs without trying...even with my almost non-existent exercising.

I can only hope that if my aching and exhaustion are easing that I must be on the brink of a whole new me....fingers crossed.

Here is to week five.....
My goals this week....more green smoothies / juices....
Some new recipes maybe.


3 comments:

Cherie said...

Love reading your journey, keep up the great work, you are an inspiration.

Cherie xx

Lea said...

Mardi you are awesome. It is hard to make change. You are doing so well. I admire your dedication and your desire to be the best you possible. Leax

Jacqui said...

I really love reading your blog Mardi. You are an inspiration to many of us who desire to improve our own health. I have been interested in healthy living for such a long time but sadly my lifestyle doesn't reflect this. I know what I need to do but never seem to get round to making the necessary changes.
Have you ever seen the site "Hallelujah Acres". It is very interesting and I think you would enjoy reading some of the articles. You are almost doing the same thing anyway.
Good luck and keep going x