Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week eight -

This just may have been my best week yet.
I noticed some definite improvements.
Much less aching.... the fatigue lifting.....and a sudden burst of energy and enthusiasm.
I've noticed myself slipping back into old habits...cramming way too much into my days....and adding far more pressure than I need to....I need to remind myself to chill....breath....and rest....

So the highlights this week were.....
Purchasing and installing a rain water filter .... finally we will have drinking water without the nasties.


 I did some online reading.....and phoned a reliable medical practice where they combine conventional and holistic medicine to get some advice on whether there was a natural Tamoxifen replacement.
Their advice was to continue taking it.....and possibly look for some additional supplement to support my body to cope with it.....this was not the reply I was expecting actually.....so I commenced it again...I came to my senses.....and decided the risk was too high to just stop so soon.

I spent time in my garden....I have lettuce coming out my ears.... rocket.....and snowpeas ready to be picked...and a few tomatoes beginning to colour up.



Food wise this week I've stuck to my standard favourites....
Quinoa and Granola for breakfast....
Most days a green smoothie....
Chicken and salad.....or asparagus..spinach  and eggs for lunch....
Meat and salad or veg for dinner.
I did make a quinoa salad as a side for some fresh whiting which was a real hit.
I followed this recipe with a small alteration......when I cooked my quinoa I added a heaped tablespoon of turmeric to the pot.....it resulted in a delicious flavour....and a lovely yellow colour too.


Exercise? ..... a few walks was all I managed this week.

This week....
Aim for exercise every day.
Keep up the green juice...
Try out some new recipes to put my home grown produce to good use ....I couldn't bear it to go to waste.

No comments: