Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week nine -

I am beginning to think that this record of my journey may be growing a little tiresome by now...
Nine weeks of updates.... just me blah blahing on about my little improvements and setbacks as I strive for that feeling of wellness are really not that huge on the scale of what others are going through.
However.....I am not a quitter....and I set out to record the entire 12 week detox.....so I am going to continue on....even though I bore myself to tears half the time.

So...
II have continued to improve this week....
I can definitely feel a shift in my fatigue and body aches...and in general I do feel much more like Mardi.

Some highlights from this week.....

I walked almost every morning.....most mornings I was out of bed early and it was nice to walk while the air was still crisp.
I had a lymphatic massage....
I made a green smoothie every day.....up until I blew up my blender...so sad.
I cooked some healthy and tasty new meals.

On a not so good note....
I didn't get to the gym.
I ate out a number of times.... including out work Christmas show which included some alcohol..
I would like to say I made wonderful food choices....but I cant.
I did have some gluten...... some small amounts of sugar... and my portions were way over the top.
However....Im looking at it with  80/20 eyes....
I have been eating clean 80 % of the time.....and this was my 20%.
I also had a terrible reaction to some new face moisturiser and spent 4 days with a grossly swollen face.
I am still trying to settle my skin down.

My Smoothies this week included...
Silverbeet...cucumber....lemon and celery....
Silverbeet.....baby spinach....celery...frozen banana....almond milk....cocao....and coconut oil

I also made some really nice  gluten and dairy free Tuna Patties.. I totally winged the recipe....but it worked....and I can see us eating this over and over.

Gluten and Dairy free

Ingredients

  • 425g tin of Tuna in Olive oil
  • Bunch of Parsley
  • 1/2 red onion
  • lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup of LSA
  • 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa
  • egg
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Quinoa flour for coating
  • Coconut oil for cooking.

Instructions

  1. Drain the tuna and mix all the ingredients together.
  2. Form them into patties and coat them in Quinoa flour (or another gluten free flour)
  3. Cook them in coconut oil.
  4. Serve with a lovely fresh salad.....yummo.








So that sums up the week.... some good....some room for improvement....
but the fact I am feeling more like my old self is wonderful.....and I know that this healthy path is definitely for me.


4 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Good on you Mardi, keep it up, I am in week 5 of being total grain free, potato and sweet potato free, and it is tricky and it is hard at times but I am addicted to the feeling of lightness and healthy, which to me out weighs the blahhhhh feeling by far, it certainly isn't so hard once you get on a roll with it, but the detox in week 2 and week 3 was something else, makes you realise once you have been through it and come out the other side that you certainly don't want to slip back into bad habits and eat "normal" again.

Love following your progress so don't feel like its for nothing and thanks for sharing the tuna recipe. Have a good week, Tracey.

Jenny said...

Somehow I missed last weeks post Mardi... it is anything but boring... I love hearing about your progress... have pinned last weeks recipe... looks delicious as does the tuna patties... I am so happy that you are feeling the benefits of the changes you are making... you have inspired me with the smoothies... going to do that this week... and walk more... keep up the great work...

Jenny ♥

Jacqui said...

Your diary is anything but boring. I find it very inspirational and it encourages me to stick to my own detox plan. It can be a lonely world when you are doing something out of the ordinary! so it is always nice to chat with other 'odd' people :-)
The Hallelujah mayonnaise sounds interesting. I have started making my own mayonnaise recently but can't seem to find the perfect balance. I always thought I was being good by buying the 'full egg mayonnaise' from the supermarket and it was only when I looked at the ingredients that I realized there was very little egg and lots and lots of additives :-(
I am trying to drink two litres of fresh vegetable juice a day. I use my lovely Lexsun juicer to juice enough each morning. The lady in the grocery store asked me if I kept horses because of the amount of carrots I bought!!! I have noticed a rapid increase in energy and stamina since starting this seven days ago. I have also started doing a coffee enema twice a week. Controversial I know but I believe what I have read on the benefits of doing this. A good site is "The Wellness Warrior" by Jess Aincough. She was diagnosed a few years ago with an aggressive cancer in her arm. She underwent chemotherapy but the cancer returned a year later. They wanted to amputate her arm but she said no and started the Gerson Therapy. Anyway, Her blog is full of recipes, ideas and health news. I find it very interesting.
Good luck and please keep up your diary!!!

Jacqui said...

Your diary is anything but boring. I find it very inspirational and it encourages me to stick to my own detox plan. It can be a lonely world when you are doing something out of the ordinary! so it is always nice to chat with other 'odd' people :-)
The Hallelujah mayonnaise sounds interesting. I have started making my own mayonnaise recently but can't seem to find the perfect balance. I always thought I was being good by buying the 'full egg mayonnaise' from the supermarket and it was only when I looked at the ingredients that I realized there was very little egg and lots and lots of additives :-(
I am trying to drink two litres of fresh vegetable juice a day. I use my lovely Lexsun juicer to juice enough each morning. The lady in the grocery store asked me if I kept horses because of the amount of carrots I bought!!! I have noticed a rapid increase in energy and stamina since starting this seven days ago. I have also started doing a coffee enema twice a week. Controversial I know but I believe what I have read on the benefits of doing this. A good site is "The Wellness Warrior" by Jess Aincough. She was diagnosed a few years ago with an aggressive cancer in her arm. She underwent chemotherapy but the cancer returned a year later. They wanted to amputate her arm but she said no and started the Gerson Therapy. Anyway, Her blog is full of recipes, ideas and health news. I find it very interesting.
Good luck and please keep up your diary!!!