Tuesday, December 11, 2012

week twelve

Well I did it....even is if I wasn't truly perfect to the end.
I would say I had at least 8 weeks of being almost entirely gluten..sugar and dairy free...
and 3 weeks of being on track 80% of the time.

This last week I've settled into how I plan to be eating from now on.
I want the bulk of my diet to be whole and unprocessed....
I have grown accustom to my quinoa breakfast.... my green smoothies...
my green salads... and healthy snacks.
I hanker for nuts and seeds....and love my herbal tea.
From day to day I don't even consider having gluten or sugar in my diet...
However eating out and away from home its trickier and I often slip up with less than perfect choices.

I have felt so much better though these last few weeks...
I'm back enjoying the gym...
and feeling my usual enthusiasm returning.
I'm not truly sold that I have found the exact diet for me.....I have no doubt that Ill refine it further in months to come.


So this is my last weekly post here for the time being...
I will continue with updates from time to time....
and I will also be blogging back on my normal blog as I feel the urge.

I want to thank SO much those who have followed along....and left such lovely comments throughout the 12weeks....it was nice to share the journey.
I am proud of what I achieved...and I can honestly say I feel the benefits....and there is no doubt that I have changed some habits for a lifetime.



5 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations Mardi... you should feel very proud... well done... and thank you for sharing your journey... and for the inspiration... I have loved following along...

Jenny ♥

Cherie said...

Well Done Mardi, such a great effort and so glad to read you feel better for it. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Cherie xoxox

Jacqui said...

Congratulations Mardi! twelve weeks is a great achievement. I'm sure that you will tweak it all around and end up with something that works well for you.
I just watched a most inspirational DVD "Fat Sick And Almost Dead" by Joe Cross (An Aussie) It tells the story of two men who managed to not only lose weight but to heal themselves from a horrible auto immune illness plus get rid of prescription medication for blood pressure and cholesterol......all through juicing!! Take care x

Jess said...

Hi Mardi, it looks as though I've discovered your heath blog right at the end! Well done, this is an amazing achievement, I wish I had your willpower! Have a wonderful christmas. :)
Jess x

Jess said...

Hi Mardi, I'm sorry of my last message came over as a little insensitive. I've been reading your blog and I didn't realise you've been so ill. Your achievement is amazing, you're an inspiration to all. Thankyou so much for sharing your journey here.
With warmest wishes,
Jess x