Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back on the Wagon....

Seriously...
How do I find myself back in this situation?

After all the hard work...
all the consultations...
all the advice...
all the progress...
all the promises to myself...
and all the lessons I learnt...

I am back to here..
back to feeling unwell...
back to lacking energy...
back to constantly aching...
back to headaches..
back to a trillion food sensitivities...
and back to that overwhelming foggy lethargy that drives me insane more than anything else.

I have slowly....bit by bit.... fallen into my old habits...
not entirely....but enough to have lost my way and my drive to get back on the wagon.

I feel like I have been on this endless search for the key to my health and wellness...
I have detoxed over 12 weeks...
Added supplements...
eaten salicylate free
Consulted with Naturopaths..
Had live blood analysis
Seen my medical Doctor..
not to mention...
literally hours... and hours of trawling the net...
pouring over books and resources I have collected...
searching for that "aha" site...or catch phrase...
something that gives me a direction to follow..
 I am confused... and unsure...and still don't know what is right for me...
or what to try next.??
And... during that process....I slowly slowly let down my guard.... skipped my exercise...
made excuses...and made poor food choices... until I had slipped back to a place I never wanted to be at again.
There are of course upsides to all my previous hard work....
the main one being that I am determined not to let this get me down.....its just time to suck it up and get stuck into it again.

So....I decided to just begin...
Its a new year...and I am determined to make up that lost ground.. and continue my search for the right diet and exercise regime for me.

So.... how do I feel right now?
(This is a photo after I have eaten something I'm sensitive too...I'm red...blotchy and my eyes are swollen)
This happens far too often.

I currently suffer from....
 frequent headaches.
frequent clogged sinuses..
aching joints
 two weeks of thoracic back pain radiating into my chest....every rib space is painful.
My chest is swollen....my left arm is swollen (in other words I have inflammation somewhere that has triggered my lymphodema..)
 tired constantly..
 cant sleep half the night... wakeful...
 floaters in my vision..
stiff neck
eczema and dry skin
weight gain
racing heart
and that feeling of being inflamed all over..
(I am celebrating small victories... I have had no further stomach burning or reflux issues since cutting out the oats and almonds....so that is a small win for me)
My food sensitivity suspects continue to grow... these are on my list of avoids...
citrus
berries
tomatoes
capsicums
green tea
most nuts
yoghurt
cheese
chocolate
salami and other high nitrate meats
oats
many food coloring's...preservatives and additives...
and the list seems to grow as other offenders rear their head.
There are times I can tolerate small amounts of these foods... and so I sneak bits in....but if I overdo it....I react.

So I began this week with some changes....
My back isn't allowing strenuous exercise....but I have walked...
I've added in a green smoothie each morning...
and I have based my meals around green salads...
increased my already high water intake....
and started documenting my journey back to health.

I thought I would record it again in a weekly fashion like I have in the past...
I enjoyed tracking my progress... and at times I found it a comfort to read back and see just how far I had come.
This is not written for an audience as such....its a diary of my own thoughts ...however if you stumble across it and its of interest ...feel free to read...and leave a comment.

1 comment:

miasmummy said...

I'm here for your ride Mardi, it's so easy to slip into old/bad habits… and it happens ever so easily over time. Not putting it out there on Fb or my blog, but I've signed up for Michelle Bridges which starts in Feb, just want to feel better than I do, and I could follow the CSIRO diet which I like, but I'm not accountable with that, and have no-one doing it at the same time, so decided to sign up to as it's time to cut the bull and get real… xxxx