Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week three

Its a case of one step forward two steps back at the moment...
The pain resolves only to return at times...
I am still trying to work it out in my own mind what the trigger is...
it seems to be certain positions...like driving...or any repeated use of my arms at a height....like a lot of hanging of washing....although at times it doesn't bother me.
The worst part is that each time the pain arrives its more in my chest than my back...
and I immediately give myself a 'skippy heart' just at the mere thought that it may be heart related.

Couple that with a very hectic few weeks...lots of emotional burdens with friends...
and life in general and I feel exhausted and stressed.
It really frustrates me.... 2014 was going to be my year to unwind....simplify....and live a calm and centered life....I had visions of getting it 'ALL' together...
my diet...my exercise and my headspace...
but at this stage I feel as far away from that as ever.

I am however very determined to continue and not let this shaky start rule the remainder of my year...
I sort of think of it as part of the journey...and to get to the end goal I have to navigate all the twists and turns.

Its easy to get caught up in all the things that aren't going to plan...like...
my minimal exercise...
the fact that after three weeks I have not lost even a gram of weight...
and that I feel as disorganized and anxious about upcoming events than ever..

but instead I am patting my back over the things that I have got right...like..
making time to craft and relax..
being kind to my body as it heals and not pushing it with intense exercise...
eating well 80% of the time..
making sure I get my daily greens and plenty of water..
as well as listening to my meditation App ...which I am trying to make a daily habit.

This morning I headed to the gym for my first session of the year...
I was apprehensive but also eager to see just how my body responded to the cardio session...
my heart seemed to sail through without missing a beat...
but my chest and back are sore from anything that requires arm outstretched movement...
which helped to confirm in my mind it is back related.

I guess Ill just see how it goes...
The aim this week.....continue what I'm doing right ...and add in some more exercise. 



No comments: