Tuesday, February 18, 2014

week six and seven...

Time is scarce here...
I am luck a duck paddling...
its all calm above the surface...
but Im paddling like mad underneath.

I find it very hard to juggle it all...
To work full time...plus the extra shifts I do regularly...
 commit to an hour each day of gym...
find time to hang out with the family...
plan... cook and eat well three meals a day...
follow some crafty pursuits that are like gym for my soul..
stay in touch with everyone...
keep the house clean and clothes on our backs...
make head space for the extras like some friends who are going through  tough times 
(marriage breakdowns are tough) and those jobs at work that just hang around in your head for awhile.
Plus all the incidentals that are thrown in on top...

I think everyone can relate to this scenario.... its a sign of the times...
we all try to be super Mums...and its not easy.

Just how do you juggle it all?

I have found that if I am 100% committed to exercise and my nutrition I don't have any time left for crafty pursuits.
If I split my time with exercise and craft.... my nutrition slips a little...
If I split my time between the kitchen and craft... I cant keep up with the exercise regime...
If I juggle it all ...I'm in constant sleep debt...I skip sleep between night shifts... I get tired...I get cranky..
I feel overwhelmed. I don't know how to strike the best balance.

So anyway.... this is where I am at...
My nutrition has been 'not perfect' I have found I'm slipping in some lazy meals... and my coffee consumption has climbed again.... which I know makes me feel acidic and achy.
My exercise has been consistent at 2-3 gym sessions a week...and my repeated statements about starting my running again hasn't come to fruition yet.
I completed a fitness test at the gym and was quietly happy with the results... I have some work to do to get back to where I was ....but I wasn't too far off.
My back / chest has been a lot better... not perfect but much better.
My weight? unchanged!
My clothes? looser!
My mindset? Keep it up... small steps... big results.








1 comment:

Jen xo said...

I think we are all ducks paddling ......glad to hear your back is better....I haven't been over here for a while and I came to check out about your copper and sals sensitivities as I think that's my problem too.....are you doing anything sup wise to detox your copper? I've also started DDP yoga , much gentler on the body and gets your heart rate up....my stomach had flattened a lot in a week....I love it....